As my last dinner at the cottage with my family & Patrick, we opted for another vegan dish from (Liv B’s Vegan on a Budget: 112 Inspired and Effortless Plant-Based Recipes by Liv B). This one was chosen by my dad because he knew we already had most of the ingredients, minus some Thai sauce and avocado (an essential). So Pat & I went to work on this meal that was super easy and also provided us with an awesome way to make tofu that was delicious & crispy on the outside while soft & tender on the inside.
This vegan meal is so simple & tasty, everyone should try it! Here’s what we did:
- Prepare rice according to packaging directions (we also decided rice noodles would be great
- Fry cornstarch battered tofu, adding sweet chili Thai sauce at the end
- Slice a zucchini, avocado (and any other veggies you want)
- Toast sesame seeds as a topping
- Cut up some lime, pour some extra sauce into a dish
- Serve in bowls with all ingredients & toppings
It was delicious, yet again. All the flavours worked very well together, and the lime really gave the rice a great taste so it was easily worked in with everything else. This was an inexpensive, fast & filling vegan meal I will be sure to make again.
Until our next vegan cooking adventure,